YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN IN UNIVERSITY TOO LONG WHEN...
You actually like doing laundry at home where the washing
Two miles is not too far to walk for a party.
You'd rather clean than study especially if an essay is due.
"Oh shit how did it get so late!" comes out of your mouth at
least once a night.
Parents' cooking becomes something you desire, not avoid.
You schedule your classes around sleep habits and soap operas
especially neighbours and Hollyoaks.
You know the pizza boy by name and don't even need to read the
You go to sleep when it's light and get up when it's dark.
You live for getting mail.
Looking out the window is a form of entertainment.
Prank phone calls become funny again.
You start thinking and sounding like your friends and your
accent becomes a hybrid of West Country, Surrey and general
Highlighters are the coolest things on earth.
Rearranging your room is your favourite pastime.
Rubbish cheap £1 shops are so cool.
The weekend lasts from Thursday to Monday.
BEFORE I CAME TO UNIVERSITY, I WISH I HAD KNOWN...
That it didn't matter how late my first lecture was, I'd still sleep
That I could change so much and barely realize it.
That you can love a lot of people in a lot of different ways.
No matter how 'cool' you were in school, no one here cares.
That if you wear polyester everyone will ask why you are so
That every clock on campus shows a different time.
That if you got good a-levels, so what? It doesn't matter here.
That I would go to a party the night before an exam or essay
That you can know everything and fail a test.
That you can know nothing and ace a test.
That I could get used to almost anything found out about my
That most of my education would be obtained outside of lectures.
That friendship is more than getting drunk together but that's
That Sunday is a figment of the world's imagination.
That Psychology is really Biology, that Biology is really
Chemistry, that Chemistry is really Physics and that Physics is
That my parents would become so much smarter in the last few
That it's possible to be alone even when you are surrounded by
Don't be dismayed at good-byes, a farewell is necessary before
we can meet again, and meeting again, after moments or a
lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
TOP 10 REASONS THAT UNIVERSITY IS LIKE PRIMARY SCHOOL
10. You cry for your mother.
9. You cross the street without looking for cars.
8. Snack time is a necessity.
7. You bundle up for the outdoors without caring what you look
like (because everyone else looks as stupid as you do).
6. You stay at home and play games with your friends.
5. You wear your backpack on both shoulders.
4. You wear big mittens.
3. Playing in the snow is a legitimate activity.
2. You take naps.
1. You look forward to cheese toasties.
- Hornchurch, Essex, United Kingdom
- 26 year old Theatre Person, who hopes to one day become a fully fledged lighting designer. Currently living and working in Hornchurch at the lovely Queens Theatre (yes i know that implies i live at the theatre, it's meant to).I'm a Traveller of many roads including Canada, Germany and Namibia. I love Reading, Dissecting Films, Writing Plays, Angleing Lights, Levelling Sounds, Creating Photographs (when drunk and sober) Playing Guild Wars/Sims 3 and going out with my friends! I have an unrivalled passion for Kimi Raikkonen and motor sports in general.
- First Sentence From the First Post of Every Month ...
- I've done 102 out of the 132 stupid things.
- Rough Sex Facts
- only the clearest and best quality of my murals EV...
- fantabulous new book
- provided by my lush sister
- YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN IN UNIVERSITY TOO LONG WHEN.....
- urrrrm an update on me i guess. christmas hols we...
- Scottie Mac..
- maybe John wright was right about delta all thos...
- ▼ January (12)